1/2 hour/week slots are first come, first served!
- Music Theory & Improvisation
- Music Appreciation
- Creative Writing
- Public Speaking
Contact: email@example.com for available time slots
Private lessons are held in Grafton for a minimum of 1/2 hour per week.
A NOTE FROM YOUR TEACHER
My ultimate goal as a teacher is to foster a lifetime of love for music in each student and to enjoy the process of learning. Lessons should be something that the child looks forward to. I try to tailor each lesson to the individual according to their learning style, learning speed, family dynamics and level of interest. I use a “student-led” approach; meaning that I encourage each student to participate in the learning process through utilizing their ideas and things that interest them musically and otherwise. I place a strong emphasis on innovative thought, individual thought and the creative process. I also like to incorporate multi-disciplinary learning. I believe that the process of learning music should be enjoyable. Therefore, I do not believe in forcing youth to perform or compete musically. I provide a safe environment where students are encouraged to take musical risks, make mistakes and are challenged to grow at their own pace and level creatively.
Students should optimally practice during several intervals of 15 minutes each throughout the week. Lack of practice affects the student’s ability to learn in a timely and efficient manner. All students are encouraged and taught to be able to practice on their own without parental help. The instructor will recommend materials to be purchased.
USAGE OF PHOTO AND VIDEO
Ozaukee Talent may use “in action” photo or short video shots from time to time for promotional purposes. Things like a students’ first or last name, age, school, etc…will not be revealed to the public without the parent’s permission. In most cases, the child remains anonymous.
Experience Teaching, Performing, Directing, Event Planning and/or Lecturing at Various Facilities:
- Mequon Jewish Preschool
- Willow Creek Child Care Center
- The Riveredge Nature School
- Homestead High School
- Lydell Community Center
- St. Paul’s Lutheran School
- North Shore Academy of the Arts
- Cedarburg Performing Arts Center
- North Division High School (for a Charter School inside)
- Ozaukee Christian School
- Grafton High School (NSAA Showcase)
- The Fireside Theater (High School Swing Choir)
- Grafton High School
- Cedarburg Cultural Center
- Next Act Theatre
- Wisconsin Historical Museum
- Grafton Ale House (with Rock Berlin)
- St. Paul’s Extended Care
- Boy Scout/Girl Scout (Badges)
- Bayshore Town Center
- St. Marcus Lutheran School
- Spirit Life Church
- Smith Bros. Coffee House
- Portal, Inc.
- Lighthouse Christian School
- Heritage Christian School
- Rose-Harms American Legion for the Grafton Historical Society
- Paramount Plaza for various Walk of Fame inductions and to give a guided Paramount Walking Tour for the Grafton Recreation Department
- Thorson Elementary School (workshop/inservice)
- Gathering on the Green
- Schauer Arts and Activities Center
- Whitefish Bay Recreation Department
- Balance, Inc.
- Christ Pond Retreat Center
CLASSES, WORKSHOPS, LESSONS I have led countless numbers of music and drama classes, workshops and lessons over my 26 year teaching career. I am also highly experienced in creating lesson plans. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org